Conservation Incentive Program – We’ll meet you halfway!
Benton SWCD’s Conservation Incentive Program, funded through local property taxes, is available to help Benton County residents implement conservation practices on their land. The program’s primary goals are to protect and maintain water and soil quality. Contact Donna for information on applying for these funds for your project. 541-753-7208
OWEB Small Grant Program
Benton County Landowners …Now is the time to take advantage of the OWEB Small Grant Program for Conservation and Restoration Projects
What types of projects are funded?
- Riparian protection and vegetation establishment, weed control, and stream bank stabilization
- Pasture and cropland management to improve infiltration of precipitation
- Conservation practices that reduce nutrients, sediments and other pollutants from entering water bodies
- Projects to eliminate/minimize barriers to fish passage
- Upland and wetland wildlife habitat improvement
- and other restoration activities defined under urban, rural residential, agricultural and forestry project types…
How to Apply
Contact the Benton SWCD (753-7208) to obtain further information, application forms, and to find out if your project fits the criteria for funding. Applications may be made at any time and will be evaluated competitively with other projects in the area until all funds are allocated.
Federal Farm Programs
The United States Department of Agriculture oversees a number of voluntary conservation-related programs. Benton SWCD can help you access these programs.
Administered by the Farm Service Agency (FSA), CREP targets high-priority conservation issues identified by local, state, or tribal governments or non-governmental organizations. In exchange for removing environmentally sensitive land from production and introducing conservation practices, farmers, ranchers, and agricultural land owners are paid an annual rental rate.
Administered by Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), EQIP provides voluntary financial and technical assistance for structural and management conservation practices on working agricultural lands.
Invasive Species Control Grants
Benton SWCD offers small grants to help you with the control of invasive species. Find out more here.