Lessons & Class Materials
- BSWCD coordinates the Linn Benton Salmon Watch field trips for schools in Benton County. All fifth grades in Benton County are invited to participated in this excellent field trip program.
- For more information on Salmon Watch, visit the website. Salmon Watch is an experiential field trip program that teaches youth about salmon and healthy watersheds. Learning topics are: Salmon Biology, Macroinvertebrates, Water Quality, and Riparian Areas.
- For information on the associated StreamWebs program, click here. StreamWebs provides students and teachers open-source, web-based tools for watershed data management, analysis, and networking.
- Teachers Guide to Soil Lessons (PDF, 368 KB)
- Influence of Soil Textures (PDF)
- Soil Texture Flow Chart (version 1)(PDF)
- Soil Texture Flow Chart website
- Student Soil Quality Card (PDF) and teacher guide (PDF)
Water Quality and Macroinvertebrates
- Teacher’s Lesson Plan (PDF)
- Stream Invertebrates Illustrations (PDF)
- Stream Invertebrates graph (PDF)